discipline and anti ragging
Anti-Ragging Committee is an important part of the discipline of any college. Anti-Ragging committee at the college is established to maintain discipline and solve the problems of the students and staff. The committee is responsible for solving the complaints of the students and the staff and to give impartial justice to the concern.
- To solve the grievances of the students and the staff.
- To create awareness about the bad impact of ragging.
- To ensure the justice to the concerned in impartial way.
- To ensure the do justice and to make efforts for maintaining the public image of the institute.
Measures for Prevention of RAGGING:
- The advertisement issued for admission by institution clearly mentions that ragging is totally banned and anyone found guilty of ragging and/ or abetting ragging is liable to be punished.
- The ‘Prospectus’ and other admission related documents contains directions of the Supreme Court Affiliating University/ admission Authority/ State Government/ Central Government shall make it mandatory for the institutions under their jurisdiction to compulsorily incorporate such information in their ‘Prospectus’. These Regulations are printed in the brochure of admission/ instruction booklet for candidates.
- The application form for admission /enrolment has a printed affidavit, in English language. The affidavit is to be filled up and signed by the candidate to the effect that he/ she is aware of the law regarding prohibition of ragging as well as the punishments, and that he/ she, if found guilty of the offence of ragging and/ or abetting ragging, is liable to be punished appropriately.
- The application form also contains a printed affidavit in English language and the affidavit is to be signed by the parent/ guardian of the applicant.
- Each batch of fresher’s is divided into small groups and each such group is assigned to a member of staff as a Mentor. Such staff member interacts individually with each member of the group regularly to ascertain the problems/ difficulties. if any faced by the fresher in the Institution and extend necessary help.
- Institution is planning to seek the assistance of professional Counsellors at the time of admissions to Counsel ‘fresher’s in order to prepare them for the life ahead.
- To make the community at large and the students in particular aware of the dehumanizing effect of ragging, the college displays big posters at various places in the campus.
- Mobile Phones and other communication devices are permitted in college campus to provide access to the students particularly fresher’s, to reach out for help from teachers, parents and Institution authorities.
Composition of the Committee
|Prin. Dr. R. J. Temkar
|Dr. G. B. Lawande
|Dr. M. S.Tamboli
|Dr. J. N. Nehul
|Prof. (Dr.) S. D. Mhaske
|Dr. S. J. Deshmukh
|Dr. R. B. Adling
|Mr. C. N. Pansare
Function of the committee:
- To consider the complaints received from the students and conduct enquiry and submit report to the Anti-Ragging Committee along with punishment recommended for the offenders.
- Oversee the procedure of obtaining undertaking from the students in accordance with the provisions.
- Conduct workshops against ragging menace and orient the students.
- To provide students the information pertaining to contact address and telephone numbers of the person(s) identified to receive complaints/ distress calls.
- To create awareness among the students about Anti-Ragging.
- To take all necessary measures for prevention of Ragging inside the Campus/ Hostels.
It shall be the duty of the Anti-Ragging Committee to ensure compliance with the provisions of Regulations as well as the provisions of any law for the time being in force concerning ragging; and also to monitor and oversee the performance of the Anti-Ragging Squad in prevention of ragging in the college.
Anti-Ragging Squad: It shall be the duty of the Ant-Ragging Squad to called upon to make surprise raids on other places vulnerable to incidents and having the potential for raging and shall be empowered to inspect such places. It shall also be the duty of the Anti-Ragging Squad to conduct an on-the-spot enquiry into any incidents of ragging referred to it by the Head of the institution or any member of the faculty or any student or any parent or guardian or any employee of a service provider or by any other person. Ant-Ragging Squad shall conduct such enquiry observing fair and transparent procedure and the principles of natural justice.
Procedure: The member Secretary, in consultation with the Chairman of the Committee, shall prepare a provisional agenda for meeting. It shall be circulated to all Members of the Committee two days before meeting. All the decisions should be taken on the basis of majority. After the meeting, the Committee shall approve a report embodying its views, recommendations and decisions.
Tenure: The tenure of the members Shall be Three years.
Meeting: The committee shall meet at least two times a year.
Quorum: One-third members Shall constitute the quorum. If the meeting is adjourned because of quorum, no quorum shall be required for such meeting after 15 minutes.